5 sets of 5 reps Heavy weight (30+lbs) or
3 sets of 10 reps Medium weight (15-25 lbs) or
3 sets of 15 reps light weight (8-10 lbs)
Dead lift: I Pick it Up and I Put it Down. I love what dead lifts do to my hamstrings and ass!
- Shoulders in line with knees
- Knees in line with ankles
- Butt moves back
- Shoulders never drop below hips
- Look up where ceiling meets wall
In this video, I am using a 25 lb dumbbell. I learned about kettlebells at a Perform Better Clinic, and when I got home, I tried the movement with dumbbells and loved the results!
Use enough weight that it takes effort to drive the weight forward and stop it.
Weight type is different, but movement is the same:
- Drive the hips back
- Explosively drive the hips forward while letting the dumbbell swing forward.
- Very subtle knee bend.
- Engage core and glutes to start and stop!
Hip swings really define your abs as well as building maximal and explosive strength. Click on the link below to read what all the big guys in S & C have to say about the virtues of Hip Swings.
3 sets of 10 reps Beginner
3 sets of 15 reps Intermediate
3 sets of 20 reps Advanced
- Push-ups with feet on bench
- Girl Push-ups with knees on bench
- "Handstand Push-ups"
- Tricep dips
- Keep your head in line with your spine
- Bring hands directly under shoulder
- Bring chest to ground